Areas of expertise include:
- Performance Engineering
- Enterprise Application Architecture
- Test Automation
- Agile testing
ePerformance Group is here to help you deliver performant applications. We can dive deep into all facets of the service chain including application architecture, WAN performance, Wireshark network packet analysis, Oracle DB and SQL Server performance, BI application performance, SaaS application tuning, and batch / ETL performance tuning,. We will help you incorporate performance best practices into your application lifecycle.
Leslie (Les) Murphy
Les has over 30 years of industry and consulting experience in Information Technology. He has a deep understanding of the technology stack associated with complex enterprise applications. He has a passion for ensuring that applications are performant, usable, and can be deployed to business needs in a cost-effective manner.
Les provided consulting services that include:
- AIX, NetApp, Riverbed, Oracle DB, Microsoft SSAS (OLAP), PeopleSoft and Oracle BI (OBIEE) performance tuning at a multi-billion dollar publicly traded real estate firm
- Complex LoadRunner scripting and testing for a Sybase/SAP banking application for a bank with over 20B in assets
- Performance Testing using both SilkPerformer and JMeter for one of the world’s leading research institutes
- Deep performance analysis of a a Sybase Unwired Platform mobile banking application
- Test automation integration with HP UFT (Formerly QTP).
- Performance testing using HP Network Virtualization for a publically traded software company providing mobile solutions for computer aided dispatch and first responders
- Lead performance engineer for a multi-year 50M+ budget PeopleSoft financials implementation
- Detailed application performance and latency analysis assessments for a Data Center consolidation project at a key US government financial institution. This included assessments of 100’s of applications, including Lotus Notes, Oracle, SQL Server, and MS-Access. Cisco WAAS was used to help remediate performance issues.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, COMPUTER SCIENCE
University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- HP Loadrunner and Performance Center
- IBM Rational (RQM, RPT, RIT)
- HP UFT
- Microfocus SilkPerformer
- Shunra WAN Emulation and application performance engineering toolset
- Mobile testing with PerfectoMobile, Keynote DeviceAnywhere
- Wireshark and deep network packet analysis
- PeopleSoft performance testing
- SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
- Oracle 11g application monitoring and tuning
- Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop
- Python and Python for data analysis
- Windows, AIX, Linux, z/OS
- VMWare and Virtualbox
- C#, C++, Python, Java, Ruby
Joonyoul (Joon) Choi
Joon has more than ten years of experience designing and developing commercially successful software products for capacity planning, system management, network application performance modeling, analysis, and troubleshooting at Compuware and CACI.
Joon has extensive expertise in areas of database performance, virtualization, and network performance. Joon is an expert in network analysis and the interaction between the network and applications. Recently he has helped several customers resolve thorny database issues, resulting in a 10x improvement in application performance.